Category: Ice Storm
Surviving Ice Storms: Essential Safety Tips for People and Pets
Blizzards are severe winter storms that can be dangerous to people and pets. Here are some tips to stay safe during a blizzard:
- Stay indoors and avoid unnecessary travel until the storm passes.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and medication on hand in case you become snowed in.
- Dress in warm, layered clothing if you need to go outside, and cover exposed skin to avoid frostbite.
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home, as this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Keep heaters and other heat sources at least three feet away from flammable materials.
- Make sure your home is well-insulated and has adequate heating to prevent pipes from freezing.
An ice storm can be very dangerous and cause power outages, property damage, and injuries due to slippery conditions. It is important to take precautions and be prepared in case of an ice storm. Here are some safety tips:
- Stay indoors if possible, and avoid driving or walking on icy surfaces.
- If you need to go outside, wear appropriate footwear with good traction, and take small steps to avoid slipping.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and other necessities on hand in case of power outages or being snowed in.
- Use caution when using space heaters or other heating devices, and keep them away from flammable materials.
4 Things To Do When A Snowstorm Hits
Each year hundreds of cases are reported related to the injuries caused by exposure to colds, road accidents, or fires caused by the improper use of heaters. In this article,...
How To Dig Out Your Car After A Snow Storm?
Snowstorms in December and January are inevitable, and you need to be prepared for the worst. Be it your property or your car, and you need to make sure that...
How To Easily Remove Snow After A Snow Storm?
For people who live in northern climates, snow and ice removal is a tremendous headache and an inconvenient fact of life, as well as a lucrative off-season industry for landscapers...
How To Handle The Driveway Snow After A Storm?
The snow season is here, and we need to get prepared for melting the snow before it could hurt us, our family, or anyone around us. If we don’t start...
Prevent Your Garage Door From Rusting Due To Salt
Rust is inconvenient, but it does happen. Even newer doors can develop rust, making you wonder why you spent so much money on that extra layer of high-quality paint in...
Winter Storm Preparedness And Safety In The Blizzard
Winter weather can be extreme, especially during snowstorms or blizzards. If there is a blizzard warning, you should prepare for snowstorms to keep your family safe and avoid last-minute hassles. ...
Prepare Your House For The Winter Storm
Winter weather can be harsh, resulting in a higher energy load in your home. Preparing your home for winter can save you time and money by avoiding the hassles of...
How To Shovel Snow Most Efficiently And Safely
The winter season is just about to come, and you don’t want to get stuck on a cold day trying to remove snow around your house using a shovel like...
My Pet Safe Ice Melt Solutions During Heavy Snowfall This Winter In Pennsylvania
The 2020 Winter Outlook released by The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predicts that Pennsylvania has equal chances of a drier than average and a wetter than average winter....