Is Magnesium Chloride Ice Melt Safe For Pets?
When it comes to the safety of our pets, we want to do everything we can to keep them safe. This includes making sure they are not exposed to chemicals in their environment. While it’s important to keep walkways clear and safe for everyone, you don’t want your pet eating or licking something that could harm them. Yes, we are talking about magnesium chloride ice melt.
Unfortunately, many types of ice melt contain harmful chemicals that can cause serious illness when ingested by animals or humans alike!
Magnesium Chloride Ice Melt
Magnesium chloride is also known as a salt, and it’s used to melt ice and snow. It’s found in the form of pellets or crystals, but unfortunately, it can be harmful if ingested by pets.
Ingesting magnesium chloride can cause digestive problems like stomach ulcers. All that salt isn’t good for them either!
Eco-Friendly Ice Melt
Facts About The Rock
Rock salt is one of the most common ice melters, and it’s also one of the most harmful. This is because it’s a chemical compound that can harm pets when ingested, even in small quantities. Rock salt can cause burns to paws and skin, digestive problems, eye irritation, and respiratory problems (including shortness of breath), and make dogs lick the salt off their paws—which then leads to stomach upset.
Calcium chloride can cause irritation of the skin, eyes, respiratory tract, and gastrointestinal tract. It can also be toxic to cats and dogs. The American Veterinary Medical Association reports that calcium chloride ingestion leads to kidney failure in cats, while ingestion by dogs results in hemolytic anemia (red blood cell destruction), as well as fatal damage to red blood cells when ingested at high enough doses.
Potassium chloride is a salt used to melt ice and snow. It can cause irritation to the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes, which can lead to burning or stinging. It may also be harmful if ingested; symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, and dehydration. Large amounts are fatal.
You may be using magnesium chloride ice melt to keep your driveway snow-free, but these products can harm your pets in a variety of ways. These chemicals can cause burns, eye irritation, and respiratory problems. Your pet’s paws come into direct contact with the ice melt when they walk on it, and they may lick their paws as a means of self-soothing. If they ingest too much of the chemical, they could develop vomiting or diarrhea; more serious side effects include seizures or death.
Use Pet-Safe Salt Alternatives
Safe Paw is a product that can help you keep your pet’s paws safe during the winter months. It’s chemical-free, salt-free, and acetate-free and comprises natural ingredients. Safe Paw is safe on your pet’s paws!
As you may already know, salt can destroy your property and harm your pets. If you’re looking for a Pet-Safe salt alternative, Safe Paw is the way to go. Safe Paw is an ice melt safe for pets, made from all-natural ingredients, and safe for pets and children. It’s also less messy than DIY ice melters that require regular refills, so it saves you time and energy!
Get ready for winter with the ONLY Pet Safe Ice Melt you can trust
Other Ice Melt Products
Stay safe on slippery surfaces with a product that’s 100% natural and safe for pets, people, and your property. Use Traction Magic on sidewalks, steps, or as instant traction for your car.
Imagine an ice melt you can put down and never worry about. It won’t harm pets, kids and your property. That’s Safe Thaw. Unlike anything else on the market, Safe Thaw can change how winter affects our planet.