Category: Ice Storm
Surviving Ice Storms: Essential Safety Tips for People and Pets
Blizzards are severe winter storms that can be dangerous to people and pets. Here are some tips to stay safe during a blizzard:
- Stay indoors and avoid unnecessary travel until the storm passes.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and medication on hand in case you become snowed in.
- Dress in warm, layered clothing if you need to go outside, and cover exposed skin to avoid frostbite.
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home, as this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Keep heaters and other heat sources at least three feet away from flammable materials.
- Make sure your home is well-insulated and has adequate heating to prevent pipes from freezing.
An ice storm can be very dangerous and cause power outages, property damage, and injuries due to slippery conditions. It is important to take precautions and be prepared in case of an ice storm. Here are some safety tips:
- Stay indoors if possible, and avoid driving or walking on icy surfaces.
- If you need to go outside, wear appropriate footwear with good traction, and take small steps to avoid slipping.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and other necessities on hand in case of power outages or being snowed in.
- Use caution when using space heaters or other heating devices, and keep them away from flammable materials.
Chicago Weather Alert – Here’s What Kind of Ice Melt or Snow Melting Salt You Should Use on Concrete.
CHICAGO (CBS) — The weather will be cloudy and quiet Wednesday night, ahead of a winter storm that could bring a few inches of snow Thursday afternoon into Friday morning. According...
Types Of Snow Removal Equipment And Their Proper Use
Welcome to the wonderful world of snow removal! The first step in any snow-removal project is deciding what kind of equipment you need. There are several different kinds of snow...
How To Prepare Your Business For A Big Winter Storm
Winter storms can range from a light snowfall to a multi-day snowstorm. Cold temperatures, powerful gusts, ice, sleet, and freezing rain are all common features of winter storms. As the...
Do This To Protect Your Commercial Property From Winter Storm
With winters coming, people have started to prepare for the worst living in cold areas. However, most of them forget to take care of commercial properties or don’t care about...
Weekend Weather Forecast: Tips For Winter Storm Preparedness
Winter Storm Preparedness: Forecasters on Saturday said the Northeast should brace for more snow and the southeast faced an upcoming threat of severe thunderstorms. Meanwhile, snow was falling in parts of the central...
How Should We Prepare For Blizzards And Snowstorms?
It’s not uncommon to see snow in Buffalo. This Buffalo snow storm was so bad that they had to close the city down and make it a snow day for...
Winter Storm: 4 Things To Consider To Prevent Damages
Multi-day storms are common in winters. Chilly winds, cold weather, sub-zero temperature, powerful gusts, ice, sleet, and freezing rain are all common features of winter storms. As a business owner,...
How To Prepare Your Commercial Property For The Winter Storm?
Commercial property management is a challenging task every winter, and we know how trying it can get. From prepping your premises to arranging the right equipment and products, we cannot...
Quick Tips To Battle The Winter Storm
How prepared do you feel for the winters as a business owner? It’s the responsibility of a business owner to make sure that your customers and employees are safe on...