Category: Ice Storm
Surviving Ice Storms: Essential Safety Tips for People and Pets
Blizzards are severe winter storms that can be dangerous to people and pets. Here are some tips to stay safe during a blizzard:
- Stay indoors and avoid unnecessary travel until the storm passes.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and medication on hand in case you become snowed in.
- Dress in warm, layered clothing if you need to go outside, and cover exposed skin to avoid frostbite.
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home, as this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Keep heaters and other heat sources at least three feet away from flammable materials.
- Make sure your home is well-insulated and has adequate heating to prevent pipes from freezing.
An ice storm can be very dangerous and cause power outages, property damage, and injuries due to slippery conditions. It is important to take precautions and be prepared in case of an ice storm. Here are some safety tips:
- Stay indoors if possible, and avoid driving or walking on icy surfaces.
- If you need to go outside, wear appropriate footwear with good traction, and take small steps to avoid slipping.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and other necessities on hand in case of power outages or being snowed in.
- Use caution when using space heaters or other heating devices, and keep them away from flammable materials.
6 Ways To Avoid Pet Injuries This Winter In California
A significant storm over the last several days created many impacts across California, causing some cities to flood, and higher elevations to record several feet of snow. More than 7...
Tips For Ice Melting During Snow Storms In Indiana
The 2020 Winter Outlook released by The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predicts that central Indiana has equal chances for below normal, normal, and above-normal temperatures for the winter...
5 Ways To Make Your Driveway Less Slippery This Winter In Wisconsin
The first wave of a major winter storm is expected to reach Wisconsin Tuesday evening and linger through Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. Almost the entire state, except for a...
Tips For Ice Melting During Snow Storms In Buffalo
That time of the year is approaching fast when Buffalo receives the highest snowfall in the year- December. On average, the Buffalo Airport sees its first snowflakes on October 24th....