Category: Ice Storm
Surviving Ice Storms: Essential Safety Tips for People and Pets
Blizzards are severe winter storms that can be dangerous to people and pets. Here are some tips to stay safe during a blizzard:
- Stay indoors and avoid unnecessary travel until the storm passes.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and medication on hand in case you become snowed in.
- Dress in warm, layered clothing if you need to go outside, and cover exposed skin to avoid frostbite.
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home, as this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Keep heaters and other heat sources at least three feet away from flammable materials.
- Make sure your home is well-insulated and has adequate heating to prevent pipes from freezing.
An ice storm can be very dangerous and cause power outages, property damage, and injuries due to slippery conditions. It is important to take precautions and be prepared in case of an ice storm. Here are some safety tips:
- Stay indoors if possible, and avoid driving or walking on icy surfaces.
- If you need to go outside, wear appropriate footwear with good traction, and take small steps to avoid slipping.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and other necessities on hand in case of power outages or being snowed in.
- Use caution when using space heaters or other heating devices, and keep them away from flammable materials.
Snowstorm Alert In Southern California: 5 Important Snow Removal Tips After A Blizzard
Blizzards can cause significant disruptions to daily life, and one of the most pressing concerns is the removal of snow. Heavy snowfall can make it difficult to navigate roads and...
Winter Weather In Northeast, California: 5 Ways To Prevent Winter Slip And Fall Accidents
Winter weather can bring its fair share of challenges, particularly when it comes to the risk of slip and fall accidents. The Northeast and California regions of the United States...
Snow In Michigan: Effective Tips For Safely Melting Ice During Winter Storms
It’ll be a relatively drama-free St. Patrick’s Day for most of the country when it comes to weather on Friday. Strong thunderstorms will roll across the Gulf Coast, while parts...
NEXT Weather Alert Issued In Minneapolis: 5 Essential Tips To Consider While Applying Ice Melt Products
MINNEAPOLIS — With early rain turning to snow by Thursday afternoon, potentially snarling the evening commute, a NEXT Weather Alert has been issued. The day is off to a warm start,...
First Alert Weather Day In South Dakota: How To Deice Your Driveways Using A Safe Ice Melt
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (Dakota News Now) – Winter Weather Advisories have been posted for the southeastern portions of our area. Rain and a light wintry mix will switch over to snow...
Winter Storm In Central US: Important Things To Know Before Buying An Ice Melt Product
Winter storms can wreak havoc on roads, driveways, and sidewalks, causing them to become dangerously icy and slippery. To prevent slip falls, and accidents, many people turn to ice melt...
Winter Weather In Denver: Pet Safe Ice Melt Solutions For Heavy Snowfall
DENVER – Wednesday will be the warmest day of the year so far in Denver with at least 70 degrees. Then winter quickly returns starting Wednesday evening. The last time...
Boston Weather Update: The Ultimate Guide To Using Eco-Friendly Ice Melt For Your Driveways
BOSTON – The storm is over. We will stay gusty Wednesday, mainly between 20 and 40 mph, this will certainly make it challenging for crews trying to get power back...
Rapid Snow Melt In New York: Choosing The Best Ice Melt For Sidewalks
MONROE, N.Y. — As people across the Tri-State Area dig out from the snow, some towns are now looking ahead to another concern: the effects of a rapid warm-up. Some of...