Category: Ice Storm
Surviving Ice Storms: Essential Safety Tips for People and Pets
Blizzards are severe winter storms that can be dangerous to people and pets. Here are some tips to stay safe during a blizzard:
- Stay indoors and avoid unnecessary travel until the storm passes.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and medication on hand in case you become snowed in.
- Dress in warm, layered clothing if you need to go outside, and cover exposed skin to avoid frostbite.
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home, as this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Keep heaters and other heat sources at least three feet away from flammable materials.
- Make sure your home is well-insulated and has adequate heating to prevent pipes from freezing.
An ice storm can be very dangerous and cause power outages, property damage, and injuries due to slippery conditions. It is important to take precautions and be prepared in case of an ice storm. Here are some safety tips:
- Stay indoors if possible, and avoid driving or walking on icy surfaces.
- If you need to go outside, wear appropriate footwear with good traction, and take small steps to avoid slipping.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and other necessities on hand in case of power outages or being snowed in.
- Use caution when using space heaters or other heating devices, and keep them away from flammable materials.
New York First Alert Forecast: Tips For Ice Melting During Winter Storms
NEW YORK — We’ve issued a Red Alert on Monday and Tuesday as a strong nor’easter develops and is poised to bring multiple hazards, including heavy rain and snow, strong winds, and coastal flooding. ...
Camptonville: How To Use An Ice Melt To Clear Snow-Covered Roads
CAMPTONVILLE – Neighbors living deep in Yuba County say they have been trapped by several feet of snow for 19 days. With no way in and no way out, they...
NEXT Weather Minneapolis: Using Ice Melt Tips For Surviving A Blizzard
MINNEAPOLIS – After a mild Wednesday, our next storm could place this winter into the top five list of snowiest on record in Minnesota. Wednesday will be the warmest this week....
NEXT Weather Forecast: Snow Alert On Monday, Tuesday
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Spring officially begins in about a week, but winter is proving it’s not finished with us just yet! A major late-season snowfall takes aim at the Poconos...
Denver Weather Forecast: Top Concrete-Safe Ice Melt Solutions
Today will be on the cooler side with daytime highs only in the 40s here in the Front Range. We will have partly cloudy conditions and it should stay dry...
The Winter In Northville: Ice Melting Tips For Snow Storms
NORTHVILLE, Mich. (CBS DETROIT) – Northville Public Schools had some help in making Friday’s snow day announcement. The Northville High School Chamber Choir sang a tune about snow days in a...
Weather Alert: Metro Detroit Braces For Widespread Snow In The Coming Days
(CBS DETROIT) – Widespread snow has taken over the morning commute. The snow has reduced visibility, so go slow traveling anywhere. This slushy snow is continuing to pile up primarily on...
Colorado Weather Update: Mountains Brace For Significant Snowfall, Denver To Miss Out On Weekend Snow
Friday will be the warmest day in a couple of weeks for Denver and the Front Range while at the same time, heavy snow starts falling in the mountains. High...
Heavier Snow Arriving Saturday: Choosing The Best Ice Melt For Your Home
MINNEAPOLIS – Friday should be a nice, calm day after more snowfall overnight. But a clipper system is headed our way, bringing even heavier snow this weekend. The National Weather Service...