Category: Ice Storm
Surviving Ice Storms: Essential Safety Tips for People and Pets
Blizzards are severe winter storms that can be dangerous to people and pets. Here are some tips to stay safe during a blizzard:
- Stay indoors and avoid unnecessary travel until the storm passes.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and medication on hand in case you become snowed in.
- Dress in warm, layered clothing if you need to go outside, and cover exposed skin to avoid frostbite.
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home, as this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Keep heaters and other heat sources at least three feet away from flammable materials.
- Make sure your home is well-insulated and has adequate heating to prevent pipes from freezing.
An ice storm can be very dangerous and cause power outages, property damage, and injuries due to slippery conditions. It is important to take precautions and be prepared in case of an ice storm. Here are some safety tips:
- Stay indoors if possible, and avoid driving or walking on icy surfaces.
- If you need to go outside, wear appropriate footwear with good traction, and take small steps to avoid slipping.
- Keep a supply of food, water, and other necessities on hand in case of power outages or being snowed in.
- Use caution when using space heaters or other heating devices, and keep them away from flammable materials.
SF Bay Area Freeze Warning: How To Melt Ice Quickly
SAN FRANCISCO — The storm door ushering one weather system after another through the Bay Area will remain wide open at least until mid-March, forecasters predicted Tuesday. Forecasters said the...
Snow In Los Angeles: How To Drive Safely On Southern California Roads
Another round of rain and snow will move through Southern California starting Monday, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a winter weather advisory for parts of Los Angeles County....
Snow In Oregon Cities: Finding The Best Snow & Ice Melt Salt
The snow isn’t going away just yet. Portland saw its snowiest day in 80 years last Wednesday as 10.8 inches of snow fell at the Portland International Airport, the second-snowiest day ever recorded in...
Major Snowstorm In Utah: Tips For Melting Ice On Your Driveways
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with valuable tips for melting ice on your driveways safely and effectively, with a focus on using SafePaw ice melt – a pet-safe...
Be Prepared For Ice, Blizzard Conditions In Iowa: Tips For Staying Safe
Parts of northern Iowa are under a blizzard warning and east central Iowa, including Ames, an ice storm warning, as the state prepares for another round of snow. The National...
Michigan Ice Storm Update: How To Prepare For Blizzard?
A brutal winter storm that has stretched 2,600 miles coast to coast battered states from the West to the East Coast on Wednesday, moving into parts of Pennsylvania, New York and New England....
California In War Of Snow And Rain? – Best Ice Melting Salts
A significant storm over the last several days created many impacts across California, causing some cities to flood, and higher elevations to record several feet of snow. More than 7...
Minnesota Weather Update: How To Stay Safe During Winter Storms?
LAKEVILLE, Minn. — Another day, another snowfall, and another pile. That’s the reality – and burden – for many residents and public works crews in the metro. Residents in Lakeville say...
Winter Lull: Winter Storm Snow Begins In New York
Snow began to fall across parts of the Northeast on Monday evening, as one of the first significant winter storms arrived late in the season. Snow and sleet were expected...