Protect Your Pets, Children and Home With Safe Paw This Winter
During the cold winter months, it is important to keep walkways free of snow and ice that can cause injuries. Many people will use a basic ice melter, such as rock salt. What many people do not realize is the dangers posed to outdoor pets, children, even the environment caused by these products.
Some of the risks associated with using a traditional rock salt ice melter include:
1. The corrosive nature of rock salt can cause significant digestive health risks if consumed by children or animals.
2. Rock salt heats up to almost 175 when applied to water or ice. This severe heat can cause any salt residue in the paws of dogs or cats to produce painful and dangerous burns. This can be exacerbated if the animal tries to lick off the residue.
3. The corrosive residue left over by rock salt can negatively impact walkways, patios, decks and plant life. This leads to faded paint, stained walkways and dead plants. Salt is often tracked indoors, which can cause further damage to carpets, rugs and wood flooring.
For those looking for a safer, more efficient answer to the problem of snow and ice, Safe Paw is the answer. Safe Paw offers the following benefits over traditional rock salt based ice melter products:
1. Safe Paw is more concentrated than a regular rock salt ice melter. Because of this, it requires less material to be distributed while still removing ice efficiently. Safe Paw uses a two step process that first breaks up the ice before going to work melting it.
2. Safe Paw can be applied before snow or ice ever falls. Safe Paw forms a protective barrier against winter weather that can keep snow and ice from sticking to the ground surface. This protection lasts for three days and can save hours of work that might have been spent on chipping away ice from the ground or shoveling away excess snow.
3. Most salt based ice melters work slowly and only work if the air temperature stays above 24 degrees. Safe Paw will continue to melt snow and ice all the way down to 2 degrees below zero. Despite this greater melting power, Safe Paw does not heat up like rock salt, making it safe to be around by children and pets.
4. Since Safe Paw is not corrosive, it can be used in places that an ordinary salt ice melter can not such as cars and rain gutters.
5. Safe Paw can be used as a source of traction. Sprinkling some underneath the car tires of a stuck vehicle can help give the vehicle establish the grip it needs to move.
5. The Material Data Safety Sheet (MSDS) is used to identify harmful components in chemicals. Safe Paw, per the MSDS, contains no harmful chemicals of any kind.
6. Safe Paw has been award a “Green Product Seal” by the Parent Tested, Parent Approved (PTPA) organization. This organization reviews products and puts them through rigorous testing before approving them.
6. Safe Paw can be found in quality retailers and veterinarian offices across the cold weather states.