Large Increase In Ice Melter Sales Is Helping The Environment
It would seem that ice melters, like Safe Paw and ice traction products like Traction Magic, are flying off the shelves this particular winter season for apparent reasons. Safe Paw and Traction Magic can help prevent you from slipping, sliding, floundering and falling on your face in your driveway, but you will also be pleased to know that it is not harmful to your pet, your children or the environment.
Essentially, in the grand scheme of things you are actually saving the world! Unlike your run-of-the-mill ice melters, Safe Paw undoubtedly has many advantages and environmental friendly qualities to boot.
The first of many includes its inability to harm decking in any way, shape or form. This is on account of the fact that Safe Paw unlike chloride salts does not attack the fastening system as in the case of wood because the chloride solution may draw moisture to the wood pores causing it to crystallize and form black ice.
This product is not in any way harmful to shrubs or plants which puts it high up on the green scale in my book.
Additionally, it is also safe on concrete, pavers and asphalt and it does not leave behind an oatmeal-like consistency as is the case with chloride salt based products.
Another merit of Safe Paw is that it is gentle on your flooring by way of not destroying it or staining it in any way.
The most paramount benefit is that this product has a proprietary traction agent which in essence keeps you from coming into bodily harm of the slip and fall variety.
As opposed to salt based melters, Safe Paw is especially gentle, kind even, to children, pets and the environment. When children and dogs are exposed to toxic salt pellets it can cause eye irritation and severe stomach problems. The salt residue can also have dire consequences to the environment when it seeps into underground water or gets into streams and lakes causing loss of aquatic life due to its poisonous nature.
These issues will not be a concern when using Safe Paw.
The following are the steps to getting the desired effect when using Safe Paw:
- After the purchase of this must-have product, store indoors at room temperature to achieve maximum performance.
- Apply Safe Paw before snow starts to cascade to create a boundary that keeps ice from bonding to surfaces for approximately three days making shoveling considerably easier.
- The dual-effect compound consists of special glycol ad mixture and traction agents combined with modified crystalline amide core. The liquid component commences melting ice immediately while destroying surface tension which allows the crystal core to infiltrate and destabilize ice thereby speeding melting.
- The proprietary traction agent provides slip protection.
- Safe Paw attracts solar energy to provide additional melting capacity during daylight hours.
- For black ice, scratch with a shovel before applying the ice melter to break surface tension thereby ensuring the ice melter’s effectiveness.
Some tips when using Safe Paw, is that a little goes a long way. Unlike chloride based ice melters, you need not apply as much Safe Paw because it is highly concentrated. Like Barry Commoner said, ‘Environmental pollution is an incurable disease. It can only be prevented.’ Heed this and go get the safest ice melter on the market, Safe Paw.