Rock Salt vs SafePaw Ice Melt
According to the recent national survey carried in American households shows that 60% use rock salt or salt based ice melt products rather than safe ice melt products in the cold winter season, furthermore its alarming that 62 % are not aware of the health dangers brought about by the use of these products.
The composition of rock salt and other salt based ice melters is sodium chloride or potassium chloride that can heat up to 175 degrees when exposed to water, ice and low temperatures. Under normal circumstances these white pellets remain on ice and snow surfaces for a long period before penetrating which presents dangers to pets, children, surface and the environment.
Children: children may come into contact with salt based pellets in case while playing in the snow. These products can cause irritation to the eyes and if accidentally ingested may cause stomach upsets and kidney damage. If it comes direct in contact with skin can cause dermatitis, rashes and blistering.
Pets: In case of pets in this case dogs, exposure to the salt based ice melters gets the salts frozen in the legs and fur of the dogs. Under high temperatures these salts can burn the dog’s skin causing redness and ulcers to the skin leading to bacterial infections. These salts can furthermore lead intestinal problems and inflammation if its licked or ingested.
Surface and the environment: the residues of these salts products cause damage to floors, pavers, wood decks, concrete, asphalt and rugs. If swept into lakes and streams it may cause harm to aquatic wildlife. Salt ice melters also kill plants, erode soil, poison birds and burns grasses.
Compared to Safe paw, SafePaw beats rock salt and it’s safe to pets, children and surface and environment. SafePaw is salt free ice melters and are 100% safe for pets, children and environment.
BENEFITS OF SAFE PAW OVER ROCK SALT
1) It is a 100% safe for children and pets.
2) It is fit and safe to surface and environment.
3) Cannot cause harm to decking of any type like for wood decking.
4) Cannot stain nor destroy floors.
5) It is safe on shrubs and plants.
6) It is safe on concrete, asphalt and pavers.
7) It has proprietary traction agent which helps prevent slips and falls on the ice.
8) SafePaw is able to attract solar energy to give more melting power in the daytime hours.
STEPS OF SAFE PAW SAFE FUNCTION
1) Safe paw is very unique on how it works compared to the available snow and ice melters. SafePaw is composed of a patented dual-effect compound composed of improved crystalline amide core combined with more modified glycol mixture and traction agents.
2) The liquid component of SafePaw begins melting ice timely while releasing surface tension.
3) This then allows the crystal core to break and destabilize ice which causes melting, while traction agent gives slip protection.
4) SafePaw leaves an unseen shield which prevent the sticking of ice to surfaces for about 3 days, and the Teflon impact makes it easier to shovel.