Rock Salt vs Safe Paw Ice Melt
According to the recent national survey carried in American households shows that 60% use rock salt or salt-based ice melt products rather than safe ice melt products in the cold winter season, furthermore its alarming that 62 % are not aware of the health dangers brought about by the use of these salt-based ice melt products.
The composition of rock salt and other salt-based ice melters is sodium chloride or potassium chloride that can heat up to 175 degrees when exposed to water, ice, and low temperatures. Under normal circumstances, these white pellets remain on ice and snow surfaces for a long period before penetrating which presents dangers to pets, children, surfaces, and the environment.
Children: Children may come into contact with salt-based pellets in the case while playing in the snow. These products can cause irritation to the eyes and if accidentally ingested may cause stomach upsets and kidney damage. If it comes directly in contact with skin can cause dermatitis, rashes, and blistering.
Pets: In the case of pets in this case dogs, exposure to the salt-based ice melter gets the salts frozen in the legs and fur of the dogs. Under high temperatures, these salts can burn the dog’s skin causing redness and ulcers to the skin leading to bacterial infections. These salts can furthermore lead intestinal problems and inflammation if it’s licked or ingested.
Surface and the environment: the residues of these salts products cause damage to floors, pavers, wood decks, concrete, asphalt, and rugs. If swept into lakes and streams it may cause harm to aquatic wildlife. Salt ice melters also kill plants, erode soil, poison birds, and burns grasses.
Compared to Safe paw, SafePaw beats rock salt and it’s safe for pets, children, and the surface and environment. Safe Paw is a salt-free concrete safe ice melt and is 100% safe for pets, children, and the environment.
Pet Safe Ice Melt
BENEFITS OF SAFE PAW OVER ROCK SALT
1) It is 100% safe for children and pets.
2) It is fit and safe for the surface and environment.
3) Cannot cause harm to the deck of any type like for wood decking.
4) Cannot stain nor destroy floors.
5) It is safe on shrubs and plants.
6) It is safe on concrete, asphalt, and pavers.
7) It has a proprietary traction agent that helps prevent slips and falls on the ice.
8) Safe Paw is able to attract solar energy to give more melting power in the daytime hours.
STEPS OF SAFE PAW SAFE FUNCTION
1) Safe paw is very unique in how it works compared to the available snow and ice melter. Safe Paw is composed of a patented dual-effect compound composed of improved crystalline amide core combined with a more modified glycol mixture and traction agents.
2) The liquid component of Safe Paw begins melting ice timely while releasing surface tension.
3) This then allows the crystal core to break and destabilize ice which causes melting, while the traction agent gives slip protection.
4) Safe Paw leaves an unseen shield that prevents the sticking of ice to surfaces for about 3 days, and the Teflon impact makes it easier to shovel.