How Much Ice Melt Should You Use?
We all know how ice melt affects our environment and vegetation. Whether it is rock salt or potassium chloride ice melt, we have several products used by residential and commercial establishments today. While each product has specific properties, some are more harmful than others, thus damaging our environment and concrete in several ways.
The most frequently asked question is how much ice melt one should use before stepping out of your home. Whether it is Safe Paw ice melter 35 lbs/pail or rock salt or a blend of ice melt, each has a specific quantity you must use to protect the surface and build traction. New concrete is susceptible to damage, and hence one must be careful while spreading any ice melt. Cured concrete that is over a year old can still withstand the harshness of the blends.
The Dos And Don’ts Of Using Ice Melt:
1. You should use ice melt as per the instructions on the cover or the jar. For example, Safe Paw ice melter 35 lbs/pail comes with detailed instructions and uses half of other ice melt formulas.
2. Use a spreader along with the Safe Paw ice melter 35 lbs/pail concentrate to spread it evenly on any surface.
3. Do not overspread any ice melt pellets, granules, or liquid ice melt. Although we might think it will melt the ice quickly, it will erode the concrete surface later.
4. You cannot use potassium chloride ice melt or any other ice melt on new concrete, limestone, etc., as it will cause cracks on it.
5. You must store ice melt in a clean and dry place to ensure it does not clump or become soggy, thus getting spoilt.
6. Some products such as rock salt, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride ice melt, etc., leave whitish to bluish residue around your concrete.
7. Do not sweep off the ice melt on the pavement or your vegetation as it will ruin the soil moisture level.
8. Always store your ice melt in clean and dry spaces.
Ice Melt For Concrete
What Are The Advantages Of Using Safe Paw Ice Melter 35 lbs/pail?
First, it is cost-effective as it comes in a sizeable handy bucket with all the instructions laid out clearly. Second, it is ideal for facility management and commercial establishments, but homeowners can use this large pail as well.
You can cover 150 sq. ft with one cup only! A considerable saving, right?
Gaia Enterprises Inc. delivers 100% pet-safe and environmentally friendly winter products. Safe Paw, our flagship product, is the #1 selling pet-safe ice melt that does not harm pets, safe if ingested, and safe on all types of concrete.
It is kid and pet safe. Now you need not worry about your cats’ or dogs’ paws burning if they step out. Also, since it is made with eco-friendly materials, it is safe for your vegetation and concrete, pavers, and decking materials.
Get ready for winter with the ONLY Pet Safe Ice Melt you can trust
While you may find potassium ice melt a quick melting option; however, it is not environment-friendly nor safe for your concrete. You need a product that will last you every season unfailingly, and Safe Paw comes to your rescue to cover this.
Other Ice Melt Products
Stay safe on slippery surfaces with a product that’s 100% natural and safe for pets, people, and your property. Use Traction Magic on sidewalks, steps, or as instant traction for your car.
Imagine an ice melt you can put down and never worry about. It won’t harm pets, kids and your property. That’s Safe Thaw. Unlike anything else on the market, Safe Thaw can change how winter affects our planet.